A trip to Iceland

 A post by Norbert Schmidt


I have learned a lot about the Icelandic Sagas and the history of Iceland and I bought the Vinland Saga so I am excited to read it! I also learned about Snorri, the author of Edda. His life is extremely fascinating with his power struggles in Western Iceland. Also, I learned now that Sagas have complicated plots, sometimes difficult to follow. 

The most interesting activity was the visit to Reykholt and listening to the guide talk about literature in Medieval Iceland and the visit to the Settlement Center at Borgarnes. 

Of course visiting Flyover Iceland was an amazing experience as we could see parts of Iceland we don’t have the time to visit in one week. 

I would like to thank the organisers, Kristjana and Lilja for this fun week!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog